Thank you Mel.
There is only one possible snag in the making. It's possible as I speak, that surgery may have to rescheduled, a rare snow event for here is suppose to start late tonight and turn ugly tommorow. Since this is not an emergency situation, it can be rescheduled, but thats just one more aggervating thing to deal with. My surgeon only operates 2 days a week at that hospital, and he usually stays booked. I will be waiting to see if the hospital calls later, because we have to report there at 0800.
A full week after the failed sedated dialation attempt in his office, and I am still very sore. It's one of those things, that the first couple of days after, you think, that's not too bad, I can handle this pain, but as before, it gets worse 3-5 days out. I spent all of Sunday in moderate pain coming from what I assume is my bladder neck area. Never could get comfortable the entire day. When I was on straight Advil, didn't cut it a bit, in the evening ,when I took my prescription pain med, barely made a dent. Just want this mess to be over with
David in SC
Age: 57, 56 dx, PSA: 7/07 5.8, 7/08 12.3, 9/08 14.5, 10/08 16.3
3rd Biopsy: 9/08 - 7/7 Positive, 40-90% Cancer, Gleason 4+3
Open RP: 11/08, Rht nerves saved, 4 days in hospt, on catheters for 63 days, 5th one out 1/09
Path Rpt: Gleason 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% cancer, 1 pos margin
Incontinence: 1 Month ED: Non issue at any point post surgery
Post Surgery PSA: 2/09 .05,5/09 .1, 6/09 .11. 8/09 .16
Post SRT PSA: 1/10 .12
Latest: 7/9 met 2 rad. oncl, 7/9 cath #6 - blockage, 8/9 2nd corr surgery, 8/9 cath #7 out 38 days, 9/9 - met 3rd rad. oncl., mapped 9/9, 10/1 - 3rd corr. surgery - SP cath/hard dialation, 10/5 - 11/27 IMRT SRT 39 sess/72 gys ,cath #8 33 days, Cath #9 35 days, 12/7 - Cath #10 43 days, 1/19 - Corr Surgery #4, Caths #11 and #12 in at the same time, 2/8-Cath #11 out - 21 days