I just thought I'd summarise my situation 3 months post-prostatectomy and see what other think.
1. My energy level is just about
back to "normal" for my age and fitness level.
2. I have some stress incontinence (= an occasional squirt) especially late in the day/evening.
3. There is some soreness where I sit down and where one of my abdominal incisions was made once in a while.
4. I still start to feel physically tired after about
5. I have little indication of potency (= erections), have no need of it, but it would be nice for it to work again a bit better.
6. I get a bit down a couple of times a week, but know things I can do to get back up again.
7. I seem to have become more outgoing/gregarious - I find myself more inclined to talk to people.
8. I feel glad to be alive and more thankful to God and for the skills of modern medicine.
9. I am more sympathetic towards people who are ill and/or disabled, or who have lost loved ones in death.
10. I am more inclined to make numbered lists
There is probably more I could say, but do any of these ring true with anyone else? I'd like to think my situation
is not too abnormal!
Diagnosed from biopsy July 28, 2009.
12 cores - all positive 100%
Stage pT3a Gleason 3+4=7, with tertiary component 5
Clear bone scan, CT scan, MRI scan
Robotic-assisted prostatectomy Dec. 11, 2009
Practically pad-free after 6 weeks.
Pathology disclosed Feb. 4, 2010 - tumour volume 9.6cc with perineural invasion present.
Nerves spared on one side.
First post-op PSA - none detectable (down from 8.2 pre-op).