you are still in the "fear" stage. you have a PC dx with a Gleason 8 and a PSA of 12. the other gents are right on target. now, is the time for knowledge. now is the time for second opinions, or even a third opinion. the 2 books mentioned above, are great choices to get your started. as zufus has preached many , many times, knowledge overcomes fear.
we are here to support you, even to guide you, but none of us are doctors or specialists, and we are here if you need to vent, or to ask questions about
things that just don't make sense.
even with your numbers, you have time to learn and to make an educated decision about
what to do. don't be bullied by any doctor's choice for you, it needs to be your choice when you are ready to make a decision. if a doctor gets too pushy toward you, that's a danger signal.
keep close touch with us here, we can at least help you work through all of this, and you will know there's a bunch of us here, all rooting for you.
david in sc
57, 56 dx, PSA: 7/07 5.8, 7/08 12.3, 9/08 14.5, 10/08 16.33rd Biopsy
: 9/08 - 7/7 Positive, 40-90% Cancer, Gleason 4+3Open RP:
11/08, Rht nerves saved, 4 days in hospt, on catheters for 63 days, 5th one out 1/09Path Rpt
: Gleason 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% cancer, 1 pos margin
Incontinence: 1 Month ED: Non issue at any point post surgery, no problem post SRT
Post Surgery PSA: 2/09 .05,5/09 .1, 6/09 .11. 8/09 .16
Post SRT PSA: 1/10 .12
Latest: 7/9 met 2 rad. oncl, 7/9 cath #6 - blockage, 8/9 2nd corr surgery, 8/9 cath #7 out 38 days, 9/9 - met 3rd rad. oncl., mapped 9/9, 10/1 - 3rd corr. surgery - SP cath/hard dialation, 10/5 - 11/27 IMRT SRT 39 sess/72 gys ,cath #8 33 days, Cath #9 35 days, 12/7 - Cath #10 43 days, 1/19 - Corr Surgery #4, Caths #11 and #12 same time, 2/8-Cath #11 out - 21 days, 3/2- Cath #12 out - 41 days, 3/2- Corr Surgery #5, 3/6 Cath #13 out - 4 days, Cath #14 out - 27 days, Cath #15 - 3/29