The Mayo Clinic is now recruiting for a long term study. This may be applicable to some of our long term members.
Here is the link to the study www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01098552
The official title is: "Participation in Procurement of Tissue, Serum, Plasma, Cell Bank, DNA and RNA Samples, and Urine for Biological Studies Related to Prostate Cancer and Prostate Cancer Treatment Follow Up"
There are six patient cohorts which are being recruited to the Prostate Clinical Follow-up Core in support of the SPORE. The six groups are: 1. High-risk radical prostatectomy patients, 2. Primary external beam radiotherapy patients, 3. Primary prostate brachytherapy patients, 4. Hormone refractory prostate cancer patients, 5. Active Surveillance. 6. Prostate biopsy patients. The inclusion criterion for group 6 is that the patient is scheduled to undergo a prostate biopsy for the purposes of definitive prostate cancer diagnosis. There are no exclusion criteria for group 6.
1. Informed consent explained and signed prior to any study related procedures.
2. Age ≥18 years
3. ECOG performance status of 2 or better, or Karnofsky performance of 60% or better.
4. Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate within 10 years of study entry.
5. Willingness to return to Mayo Clinic Rochester for follow-up or participate in mail-in PSA processing.
6. Must be disease-free from a previous diagnosis of cancer for a period of time = 5 years excluding cutaneous malignancies of squamous cell or basal cell carcinoma.
Disclosure statement: I do not have a any relationship with the Mayo Clinic nor this study. I received an alert
this from ClinicalTrials.gov.