Thanks for the offer Sonny, coming from you, I know its for real and from your heart. Thank you too, Jeff, and others above.
For the last time, until I can "heal" from the radiation damage, there isn't anything else that I can do but to endure and bear and cope the best way I can. My dr. has already talked to a top expert, but they both agreed as long as I was having so many on-going post radiation issues, any other treatment or procedure is out of the question.
I am seeing my dr. at 0830 at his main office in Greenville. If needed, my wife can irragate me again this evening, in the night or first thing in the morning if needed until I see the doctor. One of the dangers of a long term SP tube, is that the "hole" can put the squeeze on the catheter over time, it thinks its doing the body a favor by trying to close off the hole. Since my healing is no where ready to justify eliminating the SP cath at this time, he thinks the best shot, is to remove this cath, and to install the next size bigger in diameter one, as it would allow better flow, and at the same time, be less prone to be squeezed by the "hole". I feel this may help, as the past 3-4 blockages, there doesn't seem to be any blood, debris, or sediment clogging. The irragations force the cath back
open and allow relief.
No matter how well meaning all of your are, and even defensive about
my situation at times, and I appreciate that for real, the problem isn't a doctor problem, or even a procedure problem, its a complicated issue with little recourse.
I curse the day that I ever agreed to the SRT, that decision went against everything my gut feeling was telling me. In hind sight, I would not have done it, even though it meant my recurrance would quickly get out of hand. I mean this strongly. I knew what hell I would go through if I went through another major radiation regeime, and I was right. The clinic doesnt care, they got their 200K plus out of my insurance company, and after I became damaged goods from their treatment, they dumped me back to my uro to deal with. He hasn't caused this problem, the radiation caused it.
Thanks Sonny, I know you meant well. But getting somewhere else is not the issue or an issue. You and Lynn enjoy that rig, go visit some more of the brothers here if you get a chance.
Me, still in my robe, no point getting dressed today, hoping to pass out and take a nap at some point. It may be a long night ahead before I see the doctor.
David in SC
P.S. Still getting a pretty decent flow into the "big bag" since about
10 AM this morning, hope it stays that way, though most of the blockages only seem to happen at night.
57, 56 dx, PSA: 7/07 5.8, 7/08 12.3, 9/08 14.5, 10/08 16.33rd Biopsy
: 9/08 - 7/7 Positive, 40-90% Cancer, Gleason 4+3Open RP:
11/08, Rht nerves saved, 4 days in hospt, on catheters for 63 days, 5th one out 1/09Path Rpt
: Gleason 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% cancer, 1 pos margin
Incontinence: 1 Month ED: Non issue at any point post surgery, no problem post SRT
Post Surgery PSA: 2/09 .05,5/09 .1, 6/09 .11. 8/09 .16
Post SRT PSA: 1/10 .12, 4/8 .04, next one: July
Latest: 7/9 met 2 rad. oncl, 7/9 cath #6 - blockage, 8/9 2nd corr surgery, 8/9 cath #7 out 38 days, 9/9 - met 3rd rad. oncl., mapped 9/9, 10/1 - 3rd corr. surgery - SP cath/hard dialation, 10/5 - 11/27 IMRT SRT 39 sess/72 gys ,cath #8 33 days, Cath #9 35 days, 12/7 - Cath #10 43 days, 1/19 - Corr Surgery #4, Caths #11 and #12 same time, 2/8-Cath #11 out - 21 days, 3/2- Cath #12 out - 41 days, 3/2- Corr Surgery #5, 3/6 Cath #13 out - 4 days, Cath #14- 27 days, Cath #15 - 26 days, Cath #16 - 4/23 put in