- 1)And what would you do with the data?
- 2)Would you interview (and pay) 50 docs until you found the one who said his XYZ rate was 0.001?
- 3)Do you expect the docs to have that data at their fingertips during the 30 minutes you are spending with them?
- 4)Would you rather the doc was concentrating on the DRE instead of discussing all the statistical what ifs that might not apply to someone with your build and condition?
- 5)Could you even trust the doc to tell you the honest answer?
- 6)How would you verify the numbers?
- 7)Would you second guess yourself to death waiting/searching for the doc who could answers all the questions (honestly or not) to your satisfaction?
I guess I am just not smarter than a 6th grader. I certainly can't pee like one.
Jeff (the leaking one)
Married 34 years, DX Age 56
. First routine PSA test on April 8, 09: 17.8. Start 2 weeks of Cipro to rule out protatitis. May '09 PSA: 22.6, 3 weeks later: PSA: 23.2
. Biopsy 6/10/09
: 7/12 scores positive, 20%-70%, Gleason 6=3+3. Bone and C/T scans neg. RP DaVinci -7/21/2009
@ Univ of Roch Medical Center
Left nerve gone, right partial spared. Catheter removed - 7/31/2009
Pathology report received:
Gleason 3+4=7, Tumor size: 2.5 x 1.8 cm,
location: both lobes and apex.
Extraprostatic extension present; Perineural invasion: present, extensive.
No Malignancy in Seminal Vesicle, vasa deferentia, lymph nodes 0/13
Prostate mass 56 grams. Pathologic Stage: pT3aN0MX Post Surgery Status: Potency -
12/11 5 months, Still no activity, zip. Using pump daily since 11/11. No effect with 20 mg of Cialis or 100 mg of Viagra. Shots next See Uro 1/22/10 Trimix #1. Try 0.08- 25%, 0.12-25%, 2/26/10 try 0.16 First Success! 90%. Incontinence -
8/20 4 full pads per day
.. 9/7 3-4 full pads per day. Try controlling fluids.
12/11/09 5 months: 3 pads per day, 400-450ml/day
02/26/10 7 months: 3 pads but leak is now 320 ml (5 day avg.)
03/22/10 8 months: 3 pads per day, 280 ml/day (5 day avg.) PT says all muscles are tight and working properly. There must be another issue. Uro mtg 4/23. Did I waste 9 months? Mtg 5/22.Post Surgery PSA -
9/3 6 weeks - 0.05; 10/13 3 months - 0.04, 1/14 6 months - 0.05, 4/14 9 months - 0.04 and <0.01 with ECLIA.