Just got caught up on my forum reading; and looking to see if I could help answer any questions. I should have listed my questions first; they seem so trivial now! Going to ask them anyways; a few things driving me nuts!
1) about 10 days since cath removed; I still have little/no control over my bladder. I can stop a spurt now when getting out of my chair, but at just about every step I squirt. By time I get to the bathroom, I am almost empty. Many pads used every day (7-8). I guess I have to accept I am a slow starter; any ohter slow starters out there that can offer some hope? I leave in two weeks for 3 weeks out West - leaking or not!
2) I do my Kegs 4 times per day; anything esle I can do?
3) Pads (TENA) are driving me nuts. They dont move with 'me' like my jockeys! The rubbing is very uncomfortable, and now I have a rash on my scrotum and penis. Any helpfull ideas?
Thanks for listening and thanks for any advice.
Mike, Weston, Florida
Dec, 2008: PSA 2.0
Feb, 2010: PSA 2.7 / Lump on prostate
March 2010: Biopsy / Gleason 4+3; 40% one side
April, 2010: Bone scan clear
May 14, 2010: DaVici Prostatectomy (age 63)
-Scattered small foci of prostatic adenocarcinoma Gleason 4+3 (right lobe)
-proportion of P gland invloved by tumor = 3%
- seven benign lymph nodes
- P size: 4.6X3.7X3.3 / 40.5 grams
- pTNM Stage: PT2a / regional lympth nodes PN0
Side effects: Dry mouth; swollen scrotem; rash
May 24, 2010: Catheter removed!! ED and continence journey started!
June 4, 2010: No progress re: continence; starting low dose Cialis today.