- you can easily tire out the muscles using in kegel exercises and overdo it as in any type of exercise
- your body is still in healing mode as things continue to shift around and find their permanent home
- please do keep up a regular kegel routine - muscles do forget what they are supposed to do if they are left alone
- my doc had me do 20 kegels -5 times a day ( 100 a day) - standing version - like repressing a fart ( ie, breaking wind) - or easier yet, doing the Time Warp dance from Rocky Horror Picture Show
- it was about week 15 when I was actually able to feel I could be in control again - it does take time for nerve endings to grow again and connect - prior to that I was at 4 pads a day - one at night
- now, at almost 9 months - 1 pad for the day, and one for safety sake, at night.
-remember, all men and all operations are unique
-recovery from prostate cancer surgery, let alone any surgery, is not linear - it is full of ups and downs - great leaps forward and a few steps back ....
- take time and let yourself recover - keep up the exercises - and try not to be too harsh on yourself.
Age: 54 - gay - with common-law spouse of 13 years, Steve - 60
PSA: 04/2007- 1.68 - 08/2009 - 3.46 - 10/2009 - 3.86
Confirmation of Prostate Cancer: October 16, 2009 - 6 of 12 cancerous samples , Gleason 7 (4+3)
Doctor: Dr. Mohamed Elharram -Urologist / Surgeon - Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Radical Prostatectomy Operation: November 18, 2009 , home - November 21, 2009
Post Surgery Biopsy: pT3a- gleason 7 - extraprostatic extension - perineural invasion - prostate weight - 34.1gm -
ED Prescription: Jan 8/2010 - started daily 5mg cialis - girth back to normal -but not much length - will go for trimix in April when I see doc
Incontinence: Feb 2010- 3-5 pads/1-2 clothes changes/day- March 3, 2010 - week 14 after surgery -finally seeing improvement - March 29- incontinence better - 1-2 pads a day - one pad at night - May 25 - 1 pad during day - 1 pad at night for security (barely needed at all) - stress incontinence at work - lifting trees and shrubs...
location: Peteborough, Ontario, Canada
Post Surgery-PSA: - April 8, 2010 - 0.05 - I am in the ZERO CLUB - hooorah!
Next PSA - October 8, 2010 - TBA -