Got a lot of dr's appts ahead of me. My uro/surgeons scheduler called me today. My next major surgery is set for 10:00 AM on Thursday, September 23rd at St. Francis Hospital in Greenville. It will be his only surgery of that day.
I have to have bloodwook done for my GP on Aug 24, and then a full physical by my GP on Aug 31
I have to have a special consultation with my Uro/Surgeon on Sept 17
I have Pre-op at the Hospital later that day on Sep 17
Then surgery on Sept 23.
Kind of a few hoops and whistles to get through between now and then.
It's kind of good and kind of scary at the same time, I feel about how I did a month before my open RP. Problem is, I know far more about what is going on with my PC this time around, and why I am in this situation now.
On top of this, my ex-boss and the District Attorney's Office in G-ville still might need me to testify as an Expert for the Prosecution in a much delayed embezzlement trial of a former employee of my ex-boss. Told him today, they need to make it before my next surgery, as I may be out of pocket to testify for many weeks after the surgery.
I appreciate any thoughts and strength from my brothers and sisters here in the weeks ahead. I don't have a problem with the prayer word on my behalf. No offense intended toward my non-believing friends or those of other faiths. I just need all the help I can going through with this next ordeal, and it will be a lifestyle changer at best, and no-replay button if I choose wrong or if things get complicated.
What concerns me a little is what poor physical shape I am at right now. I was at my peak of health when I underwent my open RP in November of 2008. Little by little, I have gone down hill in a bucket since then. So I know it will be hard when I get to the other side of this one.
My uro/surgeon is going to make arrangements
for me to enter the Oncology Rehab Program at the same hospital. I intend to make good use of that, as I have to somehow fight to become strong again. Right now, I am like a loaf of fresh white bread on a shelf.
Thanks in advance, as far as my PSA possibly being on the rise after SRT, nothing I can really do about that now, even my dr said we have to wait for November's reading, and hope that it leveled off or goes down slightly. If it goes up at all, then I will be in the same valley as our dear Brother Sonny. That's why I have watching these HT threads closely. Although it is still my firm intention not to go down that path, I am still with the luxury of not having to choose that course of action. Meanwhile, I intend to "study" it to death like Sonny is doing.
David in SC
Age: 58, 56 dx, PSA: 7/07 5.8, 10/08 16.3
3rd Biopsy: 9/08 7 of 7 Positive, 40-90%, Gleason 4+3
open RP: 11/08, on catheters for 101 days
Path Rpt: Gleason 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% cancer, 1 pos marg
Incont & ED: None
Post Surgery PSA: 2/09 .05,5/09 .1, 6/09 .11. 8/09 .16
Post SRT PSA: 1/10 .12, 4/8 .04, 8/6 .06 11/10 ?
Latest: 6 Corr Surgeries to Bladder Neck, SP Catheter since 10/1/9, SRT 39 Sess/72 gy ended 11/09, on Catheter #21, will be having Ileal Conduit Surgery in Sept.
Post Edited (Purgatory) : 8/18/2010 4:51:19 PM (GMT-6)