Well met with the oncolgist yesterday and had my PSA done again, the last one was July 8th and it was 1.9 well today I got a call and it is now 2.4 the doctor said my doubling time is about 3.5 months. We discussed treatment yesterday and he knows how I feel about HT treatment but he said if it keeps rising at this level we need to look in to starting treatment in 6 to 9 months. He said he would try intermitten treatment where I stay on for about 9 months then go off until it rises again. I guess nothing is going to slow it at this point except a miracle but I think I am fresh out of them. He said it is not critical at this point to make a decision but we need to watch it closely.
Well he certainly did not make my weekend but I guess I have a lot of thinking to do over the next two months my nect PSA is scheduled for September I still feel I should wait until my PSA goes to 10 but what do I know, the way it is going that will not be long. I still think if I feel good why make myself sick.
DX 8/13/08 , PSA 4.0, Biopsy 14 samples 1 positive 12% of sample,
Gleason Score 4+4 =8 Bone scan and MRI negative
Da Vince surgery on Oct 17, 08 Florida Hospital Dr Vipul Patel
Post Gleason report 4+4 = 8 Lymph nodes on both sides negative
margins Negative Stage II (pt2a)
Cath out on October 29th left in longer due to small leak.
11/19/08 dry no more pads
12/2/08 first PSA <0.1
3/6/09 6 Month PSA 0.0
6/3/09 9 month PSA 0.1
7/14/09 PSA still 0.1
10/15/09 PSA 0.3
10/26/09 surgery to remove 3 clips in bladder neck
11/16/09 PSA 0.3
12/14/09 PSA 0.4
12/28/09 PSA 0.5
Start salvage radiation treatments on January 18th.
First PSA after 3 mos. 1.5 not good news