As a Gleason 9 guy, I did the same thing you have done. My surgeon from Cleveland Clinic said that current thinking there was to wait until PSA change.
U of Mich said nuke it within 4 months.
Local rad Onco said nuke it now, oh and there is a 1 12/2 % chance of radiation tumors.
Local uro wants me to do chemo, radiation and HT.
I have decided to wait. So far, so good, but, the other shoe could drop any time.
If we could know it was localized or systemic, it would make it easier. I am not not of nuking my prostate bed, bladder, and rectum, only to find out it has metastasized any way.
Good luck. Maybe a dart board would be good.
Age 58, PSA 4.47 Biopsy - 2/12 cores , Gleason 4 + 5 = 9
Da Vinci, Cleveland Clinic 4/14/09 Nerves spared, but carved up a little.
0/23 lymph nodes involved pT3a NO MX
Catheter and 2 stints in ureters for 2 weeks .
Neg Margins, bladder neck negative
Living the Good Life, cancer free 6 week PSA <.03
3 month PSA <.01 (different lab)
5 month PSA <.03 (undetectable)
6 Month PSA <.01
1 pad a day, no progress on ED. Trimix injection
No pads, 1/1/10, 9 month PSA < .01
1 year psa (364 days) .01
15 month PSA <.01