Well, I may be jumping the gun (I prefer to think of it as staying on top of things).
Given my steadily rising post-surgery PSA (also known as ultra-sensitive PSA test anxiety), I have the folllowing appointments:
1) Local radiologist later today. I want to find out about the nuts and bolts (and scheduling options) of SRT and try and measure if the local treatment is comparable to Umich. Our local hospital is the major center for mid-Michigan and supposedly is pretty good.
2) In one week, I see my local urologist. I hope to pick her brain a bit.
3) On 11/1, I will be seeing a top medical oncologist at Umich (Dr. Maha Hussein). If things go downhill I would certainly need to have such an expert.
4) My next PSA is scheduled for 12/21, but I will probably delay that 2 weeks so I don't totally ruin the holiday/New Years season. I'll get it done before:
5) 1/7/11 -- my next scheduled appointment at Ford Hospital. I'll have my next PSA by then and I can see what they think.
PSA-- 3/08--2.90; 8/09--4.01; 11/09--4.19 (PSAf: 24%), PCA3 =75 .
Biopsy 11/30/09. Gleason 4+3. Stage: T1C. Current Age: 64
Surgery: Dr. Menon @Ford Hospital, 1/26/10.
Pathology Report: G 4+3. Nodes: Clear. PNI: yes. SVI: No. EPE: yes. Pos. Margin: Yes-- focal-- 1 spot .5mm. 100% continent by 3/10. ED- in progress. First post-op PSA on 3/10/10-: 0.01. PSA on 6/21/10--0.02. 9/21/10--0.06