You are asking the $64,000 dollar question which will evoke a lot of 2 cent answers because we don't know.
All of us G 9's have to wrestle with these issues. I too had surgery at Cleveland. My surgeon was inquisitive why I would start radiation until I had a rise in PSA. He said that he current thinking was to wait for a rise in PSA. I also went to Umich where they were advising adjuvant within 3 months.
John T's response is right on the money in terms of how we need to approach our personal answer. Not sure where he saw lymph node involvement in your sig, but as i understand it, you did have seminal vessicle and vas deferens involvement.
That being said, based on your low 3 week PSA, I would say that it would appear that radiation may be successful if cleaning up any residual cells which may be in close proximity to the prostate bed.
I would make sure that your incontinence is cleared up, and if you are seeing good things in the ED recovery, give that some more time. The next PSA which may be at the 6 week checkup may be key factors.
I have adopted the wait and see. After 18 months, I am delighted, but I am realistic. I am ready to jump when I see a trend in my PSA. I am not waiting until .2 or .5, whatever the current numberis out there.
Best of luck.
Age 58, PSA 4.47 Biopsy - 2/12 cores , Gleason 4 + 5 = 9
Da Vinci, Cleveland Clinic 4/14/09 Nerves spared, but carved up a little.
0/23 lymph nodes involved pT3a NO MX
Catheter and 2 stints in ureters for 2 weeks .
Neg Margins, bladder neck negative
Living the Good Life, cancer free 6 week PSA <.03
3 month PSA <.01 (different lab)
5 month PSA <.03 (undetectable)
6 Month PSA <.01
1 pad a day, no progress on ED. Trimix injection
No pads, 1/1/10, 9 month PSA < .01
1 year psa (364 days) .01
15 month PSA <.01