While meeting with my uro Monday, he brought up the fact that my 4th post SRT PSA test was due in a couple of weeks.
I told him, I had thought long and hard about it, and talked it over with my wife. I am skipping this one and will take the
next one in February, 2011.
I had a small uptick on my last one, may or may not be a fluke, or may be the start of evidence of SRT failure. With my PSA
velocity history, that is what my uro is concerned about it.
My reasoning, and no denialism going on here. I am in the middle of a long and difficult surgerical recovery period. I am adjusting
to being an ostomy lifestyle, and all the holidays are before me. The last two holiday seasons were wrapped either around my prostate surgey or radiation treatments.
If my PSA has risen, I simply don't want the knowledge of that to dampen my recovery or spoil my holidays. And I told my good doctor,
that besides, I have used up my curative cards, so knowing now, if there is a rise, or waiting till then, doesn't really make any
difference in the big picture. Perhaps I will be surprised with good news in February.
It will simply have to wait till then.
I have enough on my plate right now, I feel.
David in SC