Here's the deal; As most of you know, I lost both nerves from the RRP. The VED works, but....well...you guys know the hassles there, and I won't repost all my stories about
injections. I do think I could make the injections work out by playing a little more with the dosages (Plan to try again in the morning with .2cc....) Anyway, both my uro, and my onco have suggested that an implant will be in my future.
I met with a Dr. Wayne Hellstrom yesterday morning.
AFter a few minutes of discussion and a brief exam, he felt like I was a good candidate.
Okay, here's the pros and cons of my dilemma; Since I've already past my max out of pocket for the year, my insurance co will pay 100%, as long as it's done prior to Dec 31, 2010.
I started lupron two weeks ago. I can do the implant now, save the $, and have it ready for when I complete the lupron in two + years. Or, I can simply shelve the idea, and wait until T levels recover, and then reconsider the implant. Possibly something new on the market by then..... I'm basically a cheap bast**d, and would love to save the $2k, but even if I get the thing, it will only be a play toy for the next two plus years since the lupron will soon be killing off any libido I have remaining.
I solicit your thoughts, ideas, and opinions. Both on my primary dilemma, and if anyone has heard of Dr Hellstrom.
I had a fantastic dinner with Cajun Jeff last night. He and Pat were very gracious hosts, and we had some really great conversation. Jeff; I appreciate you buddy, and look forward to the next time we can talk, and share "guy" stuff. I just don't know why Pat puts up with ya.....lol
Age 57 at Dx
5/09 PSA 2.26
6/2010 PSA 3.07 FPSA 18% DRE +
6/2010 Bipsy, 7 of 12+, >60%, 4+5=9
7/21/2010 - RRP
Nodes neg,Ves neg
tumor contained, still 4+5=9
9/3, 2010 PSA - 0.04
9/3/2010, I'm 99% continent
10/14/10, PSA still 0.04, and lupron #1, now 99.9% continent
Total ED, 3 caverject failed, pump sux
10/20/10 OD'd on trimix, after 3hrs, neo synephrine shot
Post Edited (kbota) : 10/27/2010 6:21:21 PM (GMT-6)