OK folks. As you know from my sudden barrage of posts, it looks like I am facing a BCR.
I am going to try the following:
1) Try and get my behind back in the gym
2) Drink 6-8 oz. of 100% Pomegranite Juice daily
3) I just bid on OPCXTRA on EBAY and will try that
4) Get back on generic zocor, a statin (I've stopped it 3 times due to muscle pains that may or may not have been due to that -- so I'll give it one more try).
5) I was thinking of adding a baby aspirin a day, but I will not as studies seem to show a minimum 15-year time horizon to help PC.
6) A daily fish oil capsule
7) A daily D-3 capsule
8) Ground flaxseed in my cereal each day
9) Try to continue to eat healthy (realistically, still might do an occassional steak, hamburger, or pizza -- maybe once every 10 days).
10) 1 Greek yogurt per day
I was going to do my next PSA on Feb. 1st and then changed that to Feb. 7th (30 days from my Ford appointment), but now I'm thinking Feb. 14th, which would give it a true 30-day trial from the time I put everything in place.
I am still very skeptical. Also, realistically, even if this stuff works, would anything good happen in 30 days? I wish I could give it 2-3 months, but I don't have that kind of time.
PSA-- 3/08--2.90; 8/09--4.01; 11/09--4.19 (PSAf: 24%), PCA3 =75 .
Biopsy 11/30/09. Gleason 4+3. Stage: T1C. Current Age: 64
Surgery: Dr. Menon @Ford Hospital, 1/26/10.
Pathology Report: G 4+3. Nodes: Clear. PNI: yes. SVI: No. EPE: yes. Pos. Margin: Yes-- focal-- 1 spot .5mm. 100% continent by 3/10. ED- in progress. PSA on 3/10/10-: 0.01. PSA on 6/21/10--0.02. 9/21/10--0.06; 1/4/11-0.13 CRAP!