Actually, it's nearly 5 months since surgery. Here's a summary of my visit today with my uro/surgeon.
1. He was very pleased with my 0.01 PSA number.
2. He did the digital exam anyway, but didn't really explain why.
3. He asked about urination (frequency, quality of stream, continence)
4. He asked about ED issues and mentioned that Levitra is now $9 a pop for the 20 mg pill at Walmart.
5. He said that a healthy heart diet also is good for a healthy prostate situation.
6. He said my next PSA/meeting with him would be in six months.
7. He said my chances of a recurrence are "extremely minimal." (hope he's right).
Wednesday, I have a second epidural injection to try to get rid of the neck pain/shoulder weakness that's been a thorn in my side (neck, actually), since Thanksgiving. If that would just work, I'd feel pretty darned good. We'll see. Bill
Dx in June 2010.
PSA gradually rising for 3 years to 6.2
Biopsy confirmed cancer in 6 of 12 cores, all on left side
Gleason 7 (3 + 4)
Bone scan, CT scan, rib x-rays negative.
Negative margins; negative seminal vesicles
5 brothers, ages 52-67 ; I'm the only one with PCa
Continence OK after 7 weeks. ED continues.
PSA 1/3/10: 0.01