I have had my AUS since Jan 2011 and Activated March 2011.
I had Incontinence for 10 years with last 6 months hell since Uro had to clean-up some nasty scar tissue.
Is the AUS perfect, no, you may have some problems
1) Accidentally hitting the button when sitting - especially in some car seats - so you have to be careful
2) Exercising using Wt Machines - they seem to hit my button perfect - Sometimes
3) At night, the AUS helps but sometimes urine builds up and you leak - little bit not much but some
4) You don't wait long enough for the AUS to close and you pee down your leg or in your undies - not much just pain.
5) You don't go to the bathroom enough - leaking .
All the above are minor, but I have experienced. Sometimes it can be embarassing but stuff happens.
Would I put an AUS in again, based on my 10 years. I was STUPID not to do it sooner.
Only Caveat - make certain the Surgeon does many of them not just once and awhile. My Uro could have put it in, but it stated it only did them once or twice a year and it was a disservice to me if he didn't get it correct.
I went to Cleveland Clinic and Dr Montague was doing as many as 6/week. He knew what he was doing.
My Uro checks it since he knows how it works and what to look out for, but that's about it.
Go For it.
Tom West Central Ohio
Prostrate Cancer 2001 RP 50 years old PSA 6.8 Gleason 3 + 2 40% T3bNxMo moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma RP - cancer apex area, nerve sparing not successful Bulking using both collagen and teflex unsuccessful for continence. 4 sets of strictures within 1 yr after RP - 3 manual and 1 rotorotor -9/2010 stricture - suprapubic catheter folled by Homan Laser. AMS800 1/22/11. Dry 3/9/2011