This is an excerpt from an earlier post I made. It might be useful for you.
I have more data on pads than NASA. Sadly, I've become an expert in an area I wish I knew nothing about
Here are some real numbers measured on a Mettler Laboratory balance. These are more useful than the unscientific labels stuck on the packages.
I'll give you two numbers. The first is the maximum safe value; the second is when leakage starts.
Your mileage my vary.
- Depend Underwear for Men Super Plus, Size S/M: 450 ml.....600 ml
- Depend Boost insert:... 200 ml (must be worn with above)
- Depend Men's Guard:.. 150 ml.... 175 ml
- Tena pads for men:..... 140 ml.... 150 ml
- CVS Protect. pad Max:. 160 ml.... 175 ml
- Options by Assurance:.. 90 ml..... x
- Half Poise Pad:............. 80 ml.... 110 ml
- Half Tena Serenity:....... 30 ml..... 45 ml
- Carefree mini pads:...... 15 ml..... 20 ml
I ran experiments with pads inside diapers so I could see when they leaked without messing my pants. You can't run it to the limit if you are wearing them just inside your regular underwear.
I found it was best to wear underwear one size smaller than normal. It reduces pad wander.
If anyone knows of a university awarding graduate degrees in Personal Pee Protection Products, send me an email. ;-)
P.S. There are some unquantifiable advantages to buying women's products and pretending they are for someone else.
1) Everyone knows men are considered more desirable when taken.
2) Anyone who sees you holding then will think you are an
open, supportive partner able to handle delicate women's issues - thus making you even more desirable.
Back when we were in our 20's, the meat counter at the supermarket was the hot place for meeting and picking up women. Well at our age, the hot setup is the incontinence aisle.
Jeff (LFPF but still using half a Tena Serenity ultra thin for data)
Age: 58, Mar 35 yrs, 56 dx, PSA: 4/09 17.8 6/09 23.2
Biopsy: 6/09 7 of 12 Pos, 20-70%, Gleason 4+3 Bone, CT Neg
DaVinci RP: 7/09, U of Roch Med Ctr
Path Rpt: Gleas 3+4, pT3aNOMx, 56g, Tumor 2.5x1.8 cm both lobes and apex
EPE present, PNI extensive, Sem Ves, Vas def clear, Lymph 0/13
Incont: 200ml/day ED: Trimix
Post Surg PSA: 10/09 .04, 4/10 .04, 7/10 <0.01, 12/10 <0.01
AdVance Sling 1/10/11