How terrible for you and your friend's family, however it seems like he went very quickly and quitely and was not alone, and that sounds to me like a good way to go.
Have you talked to the surgeon about
your worries about
the surgery, pain etc. As I am sure he and the anaethetist would be able to fill you in on the details about
things that can worry a guy, but which can be prevented or avoided using pain meds etc.
Also have you mentioned to your surgeon what you have been through in the last week. I can imagine that a surgeon might think that this had not had a beneficial effect on you.
While I agree that your friend might have wanted you to go ahead with your chosen treatment plan, it might be worth discussing a postponement with the surgeon so that you can recover a bit from what you have just been through.
(Part of my own prepartation invovled having as stress-free a time before surgery as possible and getting plenty of sleep rest and exercise etc. Sounds like you may have had the opposite.) My uro also said that I could call at any time to reschedule things if I wanted.
This sounds like the most ridiculous thing to say, but do try not to worry.
Born Jun ‘60
Apr 09 PSA 8.6
Biop 2 of 12 pos
29 Jul 09 DaVinci AVL-NKI Amsterdam
6 Aug 09 Cath out
PostOp Gleason 3+4 Bladder neck & Left SVI -T3b
No perin’l No vasc invasion Clear margins
Dry at night
21 Sep 09 No pads daytime
17 Nov 09 PSA 0.1
17 Mar 10 PSA 0.4 sent to RT
13 Apr CT
66Gy 28 Apr to 11 Jun 10
Tired + weird BMs
14 Sep 10 PSA <0.1
12 Jan 11 PSA <0.1
Post Edited (English Alf) : 3/1/2011 12:38:11 AM (GMT-7)