I am probably 4 to 6 weeks behind you.
I have decided no HT for many of the reasons mentioned here. Probably if you took a poll, it appears it would be almost a split decision.
I don't believe many of the " experts" view HT as curative. I understand the rationale that it may allow some cells to die off by starving it for food. But in my mind, unless we can kill off 100 % of the cells, it is only a delaying treatment.
I am saving it for the bitter end. I am hopeful to get a few years out of the RT, which I am insisting be WPRT to increase my odds a little.
Of course I am not suggesting that you or anyone do what I am doing, just letting you know you aren't the only guy out here making this decision. In my view, whether we do HT now or later will have little impact on the ultimate success or failure of our war on PC.
I really have found this to be more of a mental battle for me.
Age 58, PSA 4.47 Biopsy - 2/12 cores , Gleason 4 + 5 = 9
Da Vinci, Cleveland Clinic 4/14/09 Nerves spared, but carved up a little.
0/23 lymph nodes involved pT3a NO MX
Catheter and 2 stints in ureters for 2 weeks .
Neg Margins, bladder neck negative
Living the Good Life, cancer free 6 week PSA <.03
3 month PSA <.01 (different lab)
5 month PSA <.03 (undetectable)
6 Month PSA <.01
1 pad a day, no progress on ED. Trimix injection
No pads, 1/1/10, 9 month PSA < .01
1 year psa (364 days) .01
15 month PSA <.01