Mel - for starters, you are planning way ahead on this one in some ways, but looked what just happened to me with my failed SRT, while my odds were low of it working, I sure didnt expect failure this soon.
If you want to see both of these nationaly known experts, then that is your decision. If you have the time and resources, then by all means. Why not?
What bothers me, has nothing to do with you or your decision, its this "air" that I feel sometimes in HW, and I think Bob Cape might have meant this (Bob, if I didn't get your drift right, I apologize). That its not always about a limited number of famous, brand name, noted, celebrity, published, whatever term you like experts and that's it.
Mel, I will use you as the example here, because its your thread. You had your surgery done by one of the best of the best in the US, at one of the best of the best hopsitals, yet it did not prevent you from having BCR fairly fast. Should someone assume that perhaps your surgeon sucked, didn't have the skills, was all talk and no show? Of course no reasonable person would think that. Your BCR would have happened regardless of whom your surgeon was in my opinion. But, and I have seen this here at HW, if one of us goes to a small town hospital with an unknown (outside that local area) surgeon, and the surgery failes to stop the PC, then the attitude is that you should have gone to a better place, got a better doctor, etc. I think that is all wrong. Each body (patient) cancer situation is different and reacts different in their treatments.
You have been methodical since you started the PC battle, and my hat is off to you. Right now, the SRT is your next real battle, that you have to fight ,and hopefully win. And I pray you do. Beat this nasty cancer at this level, and never have to cross that next bridge that you and I were talking about.
I am now across that next bridge, and unlike you, I don't have a plan "C". I had a plan "A" - surgery, it failed fast, I had a plan "B" - SRT, and now its failed. I still don't want the customary plan "C" HT, so until I see even more bounces upward with my post SRT numbers, I will do as currently advised, a little AS over the next couple of readings. I don't have to do anything right now, but in a few months, I may have to make an even tougher choice.
Finding a new medical onclogist is in my future too, and I am taking my time on that move.
Good luck, stick by your choices and your plan. What you decide, and whom you decide to see, is your business, and your decision alone to make. Our role, is to encourage and support these decisions.
David in SC
Age: 58, 56 dx, PSA: 7/07 5.8, 10/08 16.3
3rd Biopsy: 9/08 7 of 7 Positive, 40-90%, Gleason 4+3
open RP: 11/08, on catheters for 101 days
Path Rpt: Gleason 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% cancer, 1 pos marg
Incont & ED: None
Post Surgery PSA: 2/09 .05,5/09 .1, 6/09 .11. 8/09 .16
Post SRT PSA: 1/10 .12, 4/8 .04, 8/6 .06 2/11 1.24
Latest: 6 Corr Surgeries to Bladder Neck, SP Catheter since 10/1/9, SRT 39 Sess/72 gy ended 11/09, 21 Catheters, Ileal Conduit Surgery 9/10,