- you are not betraying your husband's trust - you are doing your best as a partner to help the both of you in this new journey.
-you have time to research and learn what is best treatment for your husband whether that be Active Surveillance, Radical Prostatectomy, Radiation Treatment to name the main ones...
- as had been said by others, " find the best treatment, find the best doctor, find the best hospital.. there are no do-overs"
-gleason 6 is good - one of 12 samples is good ....
-there is a hot of information at the top page of HW - a good read for you and your husband...
-questions - age of husband - any previous prostate problems - any family history of prostate cancer or breast cancer -
- wishing you all the best in your journey - very pleased you have found HW -
- it has been a great support for men with prostate cancer and their wife / companion / spouse...
- here is the HW link to a list of women's support - www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=35&m=1584686
Age: 55 - gay with spouse of 14 years, Steve
location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
PSA: 10/06/09 - 3.86
Biopsy: 10/16/09- 6 of 12 cancerous samples, Gleason 7 (4+3)
Radical Prostatectomy: 11/18/09
Pathology: pT3a -Gleason 7 -extraprostatic extension -perineural invasion -prostate weight -34.1 gm
PSA: 04/08/10 -0.05 -Zero Club
PSA: 09/23/10 -0.05 -Zero Club
PSA: 03/24/11 - TBA
Post Edited (tatt2man) : 3/15/2011 10:15:48 AM (GMT-6)