My next schedule PSA test is for May 22, and with a final surgical consultation with my Uro. Between now and then, I will be making up a package of my medical records from A-Z, and I am pretty close to deciding on a noted medical oncologist in my general area. He is not connected in any way to my current doctors, hospital, or radiation clinic.
I am expecting this next PSA reading to be well above 6.0, and perhaps, and hopefully not, as much as 8 -10.
Soon as I get this next reading, I will meet with the new Medical Oncologist, and let him go through the whole journey and give me an honest opinion. I do not plan to bias his thinking with any of my current feelings or sense of direction.
Depending on what this next PSA ends up being, and if indeed its still skyrocketing toward the moon, and based on what the new doc thinks, then I will re-evaluate my entire situation.
If I were putting my thoughts in terms of percentages, right now, tonight, I am still 80% opposed to HT, and 20% possibly for it.
If I were convinced it could buy me another 10 years, I would possibly be more favorable. If I went through HT, and it went refactory quickly and I ended up with a slew of negative side effects,, then it wouldn't be worth it to me. Would rather have less years, with a higher usefullness in terms of quality of life, then more years with problems.
That's the best I can come up with right now. I think it would be foolish to expect my PSA to mysteriously go down on its on, I don't see that being in the cards.
This plan will give me a month and a half to settle on a new Oncologist, and get my ducks lined up.
David in SC