Hello all, I've been diagnosed with prostate cancer last month.
I've consulted with multiple urologists and oncologists which gave me different treatments.
Urologists recommends radical surgery to remove all prostate and lymph nodes.
They say there is a chance of curing the disease. They said that after surgery, according to the prostate examination, I might need radiation (but they think that I won't need).
Oncologists deny surgery saying it won't cure me (GS8), and recommends radiation+hormons. They say that the tumor is probably spread because the Gleason 8 high grade.
My medical info:
- Gleason 8(4+4) - 1 out of 12 cores has cancer (0.5 cm) (replaces 10% of this core and less than 5% of entire cores)
- PSA rising for the last 5 years, now it is 9 (started with 5 at 2005)
- Prostate volume is very large - 90 (measured in US)
- Had CT, Bone mapping, ultrasound - nothing found
- clinical stage T1C (stated by my urologist (not an expert))
- 63 years old.
I really don't know what to do. Scheduled a surgery 2 months after the biopsy, and now I need to decide what to do: Surgery or Radiation+Hormons.
I really don't know how to consider these two options. I don't know the chances...
Read a lot in the net, forums, etc but I really don't know...
Is there anyone here that had the same medical info like me and can share the treatment and results he had?
Thanks a lot ! Please advise
Post Edited (Perineum) : 5/13/2011 6:06:31 AM (GMT-6)