I pretty much agree with what Cajun Jeff said. You need to study your various treatment possibilities and decide which one will work best for you.
I just hope you'll always keep in mind that priority one is curing the cancer. Keeping Willy working may seem important, but in the greater scheme of things it's a much, much lesser priority. So, if you're really thinking "long term," just be sure that all of your decisions are guided by the number one priority of eliminating the cancer. All else is secondary.
I realize this is a case of a 65-year-old talking to a 51-year-old, but you have even more life to preserve than I do, so go with what promises the best outcome and which promises the best chances for a long and happy life. Tomorrow is never guaranteed to any of us, but we do what we can to improve out odds. Best of luck to you.
Dx in June 2010.
PSA gradually rising for 3 years to 6.2
Biopsy confirmed cancer in 6 of 12 cores, all on left side
Gleason 7 (3 + 4)
Bone scan, CT scan, rib x-rays negative.
Negative margins; negative seminal vesicles
5 brothers, ages 52-67 ; I'm the only one with PCa
Continence OK after 7 weeks. ED continues.
PSA 1/3/10: 0.01