Sorry it has taken so long to post again, but it's been busy and an emotional roller coaster.
The last post was about the new diagnosis and questions.
Here's the update.
- Confirmed the Path report - 2 of 12 cores, 10% is each, lower left apex and the outside mid section just above it, High Grade PIN in the section to the side of the mid section. GS 3+3 in both,
- Sent slides to Epstein who confirmed 2 cores, but no mention of the PIN
- Had endorectal MRI (geez) which confirmed left side PCa, potential also on outside mid section on right, but may be blood/damage remaining from biopsy.
- Bonus find was what appears to be a cyst on my left kidney, checked old med records and found it was there in 2007 (only smaller) when prepping for gallbladder surgery. I've been told it is nothing suspect, hopefully so.
- Met Dr. Moul and staff at Duke University, open RP is scheduled for 7/13/11
- Daily practicing kegels to build strength
- starting to gather supplies - baggy pants, pads, etc.
Any words of wisdom (which there is a lot here), check lists for supplies, tips of experience, etc. are more than welcome.
Everyone here is great, and a great support. Thanks for all the help.