Just when you think the bear has gone to sleep. Had robotic surgery in November '09. Very quick recovery. No incontinence at all. Felt great. Went diving off the coast of Vietname three months after surgery. Margins clean, first three post operative PSA tests "undetectable at < 0.05" until two months ago. In late May, a fourth test/check-up scored a .1. My surgeon said to wait six months before testing again. Waiting six months did not sit well. After 4 calls, much hassle with his staff, convinced him to do a test number 5 which came in at 0.07. (Tests four and five were at a different lab because the lab my surgeon had been using for the first three tests was no longer in business, so that complicates matters.) I think 0.07 is still not any where near good enough. My surgeon wants to wait to November to test again. A physician friend of my wife's commented to her that at "0.07 radiation was inevitable, and the sooner the better." So my immediate decision point is do I pursue matters with another physician/oncologist and push for radiation now? Or do I let things ride with my surgeon? I was wondering if posters have experience with a rising PSA a few years out from surgery, and at what level did you pursue radiation, if you did? Any experience or insight appreciated. Thanks...
NewsPaper Lover: Age 67. Radical Prostatectomy DaVinci Nov. '09. Margins "clean."
PSA tests Feb '10, May '10, Nov '10 all reported by my surgeon "undetecable at < 0.05."
PSA May '11 "0.1".
PSA June '11 "0.07"