I had my phone consultation last night. I found it difficult-- you just don't have the good face-to-face interaction.
Anyway, let me cut to the bottom line. With my PSADT of 3 months, it is quite clear that the surgery and salvage radiation has failed. He did again suggest the possibility of additional radiation to the nodes (mine was to the prostate bed only), but I am just reluctant to do that as the SRT I had did not go that well.
I do need to do the next step, HT.
I will be getting a bone density test, bone scan, and CT scan. I will start Casodex a few days before I do the Lupron shot and will add avodart to the mix (ie: triple blockade). My next appointment with my urologist is set for 1/3/12 and that's when I'll do the lupron shot. Scholz would prefer that I start earlier, but kind of went along with this delay. This will give me time to enjoy the holidays with family before embarking on the HT.
I am still going to run this by Dr. Hussain. I'm wondering if a CT Scan is overkill (all that radiation).
Basically, no surprise at the result of the consultation.
Even though I knew this was coming, I am pretty bummed out over this whole thing.
PSA-- 3/08--2.90; 8/09--4.01; 11/09--4.19 (PSAf: 24%), PCA3 =75 .Biopsy 11/30/09. Gleason 4+3. Age now: 65. Surgery: Dr. Menon 1/26/10. G 4+3. PNI: yes. EPE: yes. Pos. Margin: Yes-- focal-- 1 spot .5mm. No SVI. Nodes clr. 100% continent by 3/10. ED- yes.. PSA: 3/10/10-0.01; 6/21/10--0.02. 9/21/10--0.06; 1/4/11-0.13,3/1/11--0.27. SRT completed 5/13/11, PSA 7/11/11-0.60; 8/11/11-0.75; 11/1/11-1.38