I keep reading all the posts here and doing my research. I think I've decided against surgery. After evaluation of everything I can find on IMRT and HDR brachy, my two other main options, I believe I've decided on the HDR.
I've set my 1st treatment for a week from today, and if anyone wants, I can post what I find the process to be like. It will be three separate days spread over 5 weeks spent in the hospital (outpatient, no overnight stay), with 2 HDR sessions each of those 3 days. Not overly excited to have 30 or so catheters punching through my perineum and into the prostate, but I'll get though it.
My hearty thanks goes to all of you for your information and support . . . and for just being there.
That would be great and good luck......I had the procedure done twice and so far so good.
Gleason grade 8-10
PSA level of 10.6 no symptoms whatsoever.
Ct scan and Bone scan negative
my diagnosis is considered a high risk disease and my treatment recommendations are
External Beam Radiation + Radiation Seed Implants + Hormone Treatment.
50mg of Bicalutamide tablets per day and I'm scheduled to get 22.5 mg Lupron Depot injections every 3 months
PSA value: 5.5 May 10,2011 after 10 days of 50mg of Bicalutamide
Post Edited (FoxRun) : 1/5/2012 6:06:28 PM (GMT-7)