Thought I'd join in...I have some equipment in my basement set up in a room that has my furnace, water heater and other infrastructure...weight bench, recumbent bike, elliptical trainer, a sit-up bench, some free weights/dumbells and those push-up bars/handles that let you go deeper by 6-8 inches when doing push-ups on the floor. I mostly use the free weights, push-up bars and weight bench. The girls use the recumbent bike and elliptical more than I do. They use the weight bench, too.
Been at it again pretty good for a couple weeks and increasing daily.
Today: February 8th...
1) 40 minute brisk walk with border collie.
2) 5 sets of 15 push-ups using push up bars (they are much harder than straight push-ups from floor...nose touch each time)
3) 4 sets of 40, free double arm curls using 20 lbs each arm dumbells.
4) 4 sets of 20, 120 lb push out bench press on weight machine.
5) 2 beers after cool down...AND NO CIGARETTE...maybe after the after dinner walk (BAD)
6) another 40 minute walk with wife and dog after dinner.
As soon as I get my garage cleaned out from accumulated junk, I have a free standing weight bag that I do kicks on. Hoping to get that on the list in the next couple of weeks.
A couple years ago, I used to do a lot more. I just got lazy (and busy at work).
If I had to say anything...exercising works for most.... releases endorphines into your system and gives a sense of well-being. I always feel better after a workout and hope to continue back up to where I was a couple years ago.
Good luck to all participating.