My wife and I discussed Dr. Lam's recommendation of adjuvant chemo (six 3 week cycles of Taxotere). This morning I sent an email to Dr. Lam indicating I want to pursue the Taxotere. I am going to call the local oncologist he recommended for an initial appointment. The good news is the oncologist's office happens to be 10-15 minutes from my house.
The decision was not really that difficult. My wife's view: why fly to LA to consult with the best if you are not going to take their advice. I think I was a little stunned sitting at the LAX terminal Friday night waiting for my flight home but since then I am cool with things.
On timing, we have a college graduation to attend in August (For my wallet's sake, I hope there is a graduation in August ) and an associated big road trip. I would like to be done by then.
Sigh, my poor hair!
Age 52; dx at 50, PSA 54.9
Nerve sparing surgery/
open, 2010; removed 14 lymph nodes
Pathology report: T3bN0MX, SVI, neg margin, Gleason 9
Adjuvant HT, up to 36 months: 15 month mark now
All HT SE (including total ED)
Finished Adjuvant RT incl lymph nodes, 9/2011
Undetectable PSA so far