Got our biopsy results yesterday. Left core Adenocarcinoma, Gleason grade 6/10, present in 10% of tissue submitted. NO lymphatic invasion identified, no perineural invasion indentified. Right core no tumor present.
grade 3+3= 6/10
Capri score 86% cure rate if operated on within 6 months. The vast reacurrance are within the first five years and then I wrote 8% not sure why, maybe that's the chance of reacurrance after five years. I can't read my own writing. Caught in an early stage he said T1 or T2.
Still surreal. I've read so much that I had to try to comfort Doug. He's only seeing the incontinence, diapers and impotence after surgery which doc said is a 30% chance. Doctor said he can do waiting now, but he suggests surgery to remove the prostate some time down the road because of Doug's young age Trying to think of a time that works with his schedule if we go with this.
So much to think about. Could have been so much worse, and thinking how lucky we are for our result. Mad we have to deal with this at all, but out of our hands. Hereditary issue. Thinking I'm glad I have three girls that have no prostate. :)
Things that are scaring me are: 1:What if they are wrong about the 10% and what if we wait it will spread. I know that the doctor said this won't happen in a year or two at least, but it still scares me. 2: That my husband doesn't like the idea of surgery because he doesn't want his quality of life jeopardized, (ED and incontinence) but I am the get it taken out type of person.
Been talking to the Water Guy and he has given us some great insight and ideas for treatment.
I could go on forever. Our treatment center options are far away. Boston 100 miles or so and Portland Maine 50 miles or so. Every day treatments such as Proton Beam therapy would be too hard to do with work and kids etc.
Any constructive advice welcomed, nothing to scare me please.