I am 16 months post RP, and still slightly incontinent. I have a desk job, and can go without pads during the day. However, evenings and whenever I do anything physical, including walking or standing for a while I leak. Also, if I mention S-E-X to little Willie, he starts dripping. I will see my uro in 3 weeks. I hate this incontinence and want to get it fixed. I've experimented with my kegels every way possible, and my results are consistently inconsistent. So:
1. How long post surgery must I wait?
2. How long of a hospital stay is required, or is it day surgery?
3. Does insurance normally pay (Blue Cross)?
4. Is the result 100% dry?
5. How close to pre-surgery "normal" do you get?
6. What is risk? What can go wrong?
7. Are there other pluses or minuses that I should know?
8. Other suggestions?
I'm a healthy 61 year old widower. I think I have too many healthy years left to continue with this incontinence. It really slows down my social and family life. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
PSA: 08-09=2.1; 08-10=3.4; 11-10=2.9; 03-11=2.9; -0- Club since surgery
Biop 03-11, 6 of 14 positives, 3-6's, 3-7's
DaVinci 04-09-11, U Tex SW Med Center
Path - GS 7, Neg Mar, Organ confined
09-11, incontinent 1 pad/day; 01-12, no pads daily, slight leakage at night and w/stress
09-11, ED - 50%, 02-12 began injections
Zero club through 02-12