Southern Comfort: Week 3, Tuesday, day #2: 30 minutes on the treadmill.
Why do I exercise? Casey had a good list. Here are my priorities in no special order:
- It helped clear out my depression after my initial surgical issues along with starting ADT. I just seem to be happier if I have a good exercise routine in place.
- I am on ADT and have osteopenia. Exercise, especially resistance training, helps strengthen my bones.
- I am on ADT which can cause loss of muscle mass. I counteract this with exercise and resistance training.
- I have historically struggled with having borderline high blood pressure. Exercise helps keep that more under control. (I have never needed to take meds for it.)
- I like outdoor stuff like hiking. Exercise helps me be ready for that.
- Exercise helps boost my energy level.
- I have mild scoliosis. Exercise helps keep my back muscles strong.
- I have some facet arthropathy -- again, exercise helps keep my back muscles strong.
- I want to have as much QOL as I can get for as long as possible.
Age 53; dx at 50, PSA 54.9
open RP, 2010; removed 14 lymph nodes
Pathology report: T3bN0MX, SVI, neg margin, G9(5+4)
36 mo of ADT2: 26 down, 10 to go
Adjuvant RT, 75.6 Gy, including lymph nodes, 9/11
Adjuvant Taxotere (6 x 60 mg/m2), 6/12
Latest PSA <0.03, T=14