i know what you are saying about
the time to make a treatment decision makes sense but would your outcome have been any different if you had waited two or 3 months more? I do not know you that well but looking at your stats I would guess that your G7 cancer was a little more advanced as you had HT, seeds and then IGRT so maybe you were wise to not wait the additional months. But for a lot of G7 guys like me a few more months wouldn't have made any difference. My URO told me that I could wait 6 months if I wanted to schedule surgery but I just wanted to get it done and over so I didn't wait. This was all done without knowing about
this forum or being a member. After my surgery and looking over my pathology report my URO was shocked to see that 60% of my prostate was cancer involved so he told me I was wise for not waiting longer for my surgery. Nothing in my biopsy indicated my cancer was so widespread.
I think in some cases a URO who is a surgeon may tell a patient that he has to make a decision right away because he fears that patient getting on a forum like ours and then looking at other treatments. The URO doesn't want to loose that patient to another surgeon or to the RT oncologists, it is in many cases all about money and business. We hear it all the time from newbies that their URO told them to have surgery immediately when they really do have some time to do their research. I have talked about HW with my URO and I was surprised that he told me he would never refer anybody to any online PC site as he told me there are too many wanna be doctors in these forums that spread misinformation about the disease and treatment.
AGE 61 Dx with fam hist of PC
3.5 12/10 ref URO
5.25 3/11 DRE Neg
BX 4/13/11 2 of 12 cores diag both sides 15% & 20% GS7(3+4)
RALP nerve-sparing 6/8/11 path G7 pT2C, Marg-Lymph-Sem-Vas-PNI- organ confined 60% tumor involved 69grms 4.3X4X3 cm
100% dry 7/3/11
TRIMIX injections for 100% ED