I just received my latest PSA results and am in a quandary about where I go from here.
Reviewing my signature below, you'll note that I had surgery two years ago. I was deemed a G6 with a focal positive margin and extensive PNI. My uro has been saying all along that he thinks SRT would be needed sometime in the future. Since my surgery, I've been dealing with a slowly rising PSA, which can be reviewed here.
Today, I just received my latest PSA results to find my PSA has gone DOWN to .06. Reviewing the lab results in more detail, I found that my doc is now using a different lab which uses a different assay method. Previously, testing was performed using the DPC Immulite 2000 method. The new lab uses the Roche ECLIA methodology. I know that different testing methods cannot be used interchangeably but it would appear my PSA is at least remaining stable.
Now the tough part. I am scheduled to begin SRT this coming Tuesday.
Based on what my PSA appears to be doing, should I hold off with SRT? My thinking was to start SRT as soon as possible to increase my chances of success but now I'm wondering if I'm pulling the gun too soon.
· Age at Dx: 49
· PSA: 04/2007, 3.5; 03/2011, 4.5
· Biopsy, 12 cores, Dx, Gleason 3+4=7: 04/2011
· DaVinci: 06/2011
· Post-Op Report: pT2cpN0, Gleason downgraded to 3+3=6, Margins+, PNI+, SVI-, LNI-
· PSA: 07/2011 - <.01 | 10/2011 - .01 | 01/2012 - .01 | 04/2012 - .03 | 07/2012 - .03 | 10/2012 - .05 | 01/2013 - .07 | 04/2013 - .07 | 07/2013 - .06
· SRT scheduled for 07/2013