10/19/2013 update ............
Jevtana treatment #2 given in the morning with:
Meeting with Oncologist first.
Blood draws with primary results (see below).
Nausea preventative (three day) given by IV.
Xgeva shot (monthly - and it was time for it).
Flu shot (typical annual).
Jevtana treatment by IV.
Then a late lunch followed by a 3-hour nap. I was wiped out!!!
BLOOD TEST RESULTS:
Type 10/4/2013 10/18/2013 range given as
WBC 2.0 7.9 4.5 to 10.5
GR# 1.2 5.2 1.4 to 6.5
Hgb 10.8 10.5 11.0 to 18.0
Plt 196 256 150 to 450
Needless to say, everyone was very happy with the blood test primary results. While the hemoglobin dropped slightly, everything else improved substantially in two weeks without any kind of added meds.
I asked the nurse what could I eat to naturally raise the Hgb ... she said red meat. It just so happens for the past month or more, I have had nearly no red meat ... so I'll try that maybe 3 times a week. My cholesterol has been fine.
My Oncologist was so good with my blood count, he said no need to come in for another blood draw until my next treament in three weeks.
NOTE ...... PSA will be available late next Monday!!! Another wait!!!!!
Side Effects updated thru 10/18/2013:
1) Nausea ... eating every 4 to 5-hours seems to keep it away!
2) Constipation/diarrea cycle ... may have an answer here - see below.
3) Have used Senna Plus ... so far 5-days with normal bowel movemts.
4) Hot flashes ... only one briefly in last 10-days.
5) Hair loss ... minimal but it's still early in treatments.
6) Soreness in upper arms ... Onco was concerned - cancer spread?
7) Onco tested one arm ... said spread is very unlikely.
8) Soreness of arms is much less now - nearly gone.
9) Generally tired - still there most of the time - but not always!
The Lexapro 20mg will at times help with energy, but that should
improve in another 2-weeks or so when the full effect is realized.
Summary ....... so far good improvements - per above.
Now ...... the PSA next Monday afternoon.
Peace and wellness
Initial Dx of PCa in 2003/2004
Radiation (5x5wks) & Brachytherapy (96 seeds) in 2004
Low PSA for 6-years then Casodex briefly
Lupron from 2011 to current
Zytiga 2012 (5-months) - PSA increase
Prednisone & Xgeva from 2012
Taxotere - August 2012 (30-weeks) - PSA from 54+ to 12+
No chemo (8-wks) - PSA to over 23
Xtandi - June to Aug - 2013 - PSA increase
Jevtana + Lexapro - from October 2013