Posted 11/29/2013 9:31 PM (GMT -7)
thank you An. It's what I expected, I just see the simple logic in what is happening to me, but its not to be interpreted as this is what I wanted. I simply accept the reality that is before me.
got a letter from my oncologist today, and in it, he mentions first time openly, that its only a question of time to either consider HT or Chemo, if there is any hopes of delaying the obvious outcome. We will probably talk about this on my next visit, Wednesday, after I get the results of the special MRI tests on Tuesday. we have known all along, that we were buying time without further reducing my low quality of life, but also knew that the day would come, that tough decisions to treat, or not to treat would be before me. With readings this high, its obvious that day is sooner than further away at this point.
Age: 61, 56 at PC dx, PSA 16.3
3rd Biopsy: 9/8 7 of 7 Positive, 40-90%, 4+3
open RP: 11/8, Catheter in 63 days
Path Rpt: 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% tumor, 1 pos margin
Incontinence & ED: None
Surgery Failed, recurrence within 9 months
Salvage Radiation 10/9-11/9, SRT failed within 9 months, PSA: Too High
Spent total of 1 ½ years on 21 catheters, Ileal Conduit Surgery 9/10,
7 other PC-related surgeries