The longer I hang around this site, the less confident I am about
offering "advice." I would say, however, that with your stats you should avoid rushing into a decision. Take your time, study, think, get a second or third opinion, pray if you're so inclined, and only proceed when you are personally fully committed to a course of action.
Whatever you decide, always resist the temptation to second guess yourself later in life.
As has already been said, with your stats, you have many options, any of which should provide a good result. But, gold markers or no gold markers, I would hold off on treatment until you are fully committed to a course of action, and right now I don't get the sense that you are that committed.
ED is always a possibility, even at the hands of the finest surgeon, and so is incontinence.....or you may do fine in both areas. However, being aware of potential side effects is one thing...making decisions with those possible side effects paramount in your mind is another.
I wish you all the best and many, many years of life.
Dx June 2010.
PSA rose for 3 years to 6.2
Bx shows cancer in 6 of 12 cores, all left side
Gleason 7 (3 + 4)
Negative margins; negative seminal vesicles
5 brothers, ages 52-67 ; I'm only one with PCa
Continence after 7 weeks.PSA 1/3/10: <0.01; 6/12/11: <0.01, 1/26/12: <0..01; 10/12: <0.01