Posted 1/15/2015 3:59 PM (GMT -7)
Just received my third post-op uPSA results, and have now gone .04, .05, .07 respectively (surgery 5/14, first uPSA 7/14.) Far from large numbers, I know, but certainly not a trend that I was looking for, and highly suggestive that there is something going on that we'd prefer was not.
So, round 2 of research (well, really freshening up on the research done initially) is now well underway. Uro recommends radiation now. Talked to RO this afternoon, and have an appointment to follow up with him as well as the MO next week. RO recommends looking at four options:
1. Continue to monitor actively, strongly recommends taking action (based on age, pathology) at .1
2. RT to prostate bed
3. RT to prostate bed and lymph nodes
4. Option 2 or 3 with the addition of HT (likely Lupron for six months)
He stressed, and I knew, that a decision did not need to be made immediately, but that we should meet, and I should research my options to determine what I want to do next (even if it is continue to actively monitor.)
Though I don't post much, I'm here frequently reading up on everyone's journey. I owe my current state of knowledge greatly to the information (and references) that are posted here on a daily basis, and I am very grateful to this community for that. I had hoped (and still do) that I wouldn't have any additional experience to share.....
Onward I go.
Dx @ age 44, PSE 3.7, positive DRE
12 of 14 cores positive, Gleason 4+3, T2c
PostOp Path: Gleason 4+4, T3a/N0, 40% involvement, - margins, focal EPE (with
tertiary 5 per Dr. Epstein)
PSA: 7/14-.04, 10/14-.05, 1/15-.07