Posted 4/22/2015 3:07 PM (GMT -7)
Thanks, guys, much appreciated. To explain the real point behind the question, I am so enjoying NOT knowing one way or the other. Since I do have a fair chance of being cured, so far, two months after SRT, I've had no problem pretty much putting it out of my mind and going about my life as if PC hadn't happened. If I start getting tests, I will at least have the periodic anxiety to deal with, and if it shows my SRT has failed, then my current state of mind will no longer be possible. So the next question is, what is it costing me to forgo PSAs--more precise timing of when to initiate scans and treatment? Is there such a thing as active surveillance at my stage, such as yearly or bi-yearly scans? Any idea what it might cost me to wait until symptoms of mets? I'd like to go as long as possible living with the assumption that I'm fine, then when it's clear I'm not fine and need treatment, do whatever I can to put off dying from it as long as possible, perfectly willing at that point to endure SEs to buy extra time. But would knowing through PSAs how it was progressing buy me extra time on top of that, and if so, how much?