Had my 12 core biopsy on 5/5. Two days later I ended up in the hospital with a case of sepsis. Spent 2 days in CCU on IV antibiotics and two days later was sent home with a 14 day course of oral ABX. Just now starting to feel better. While in the hospital my urologist told me that my results came back positive for cancer. He indicated that it was a more aggressive form and that AS would not be an option. He referred me to a doc in Greensboro NC who does RALP.
I have only reviewed a summary of the path report. It indicated left lobe 4/6 positive GS 3+4 25% tissue involvement. At this time I don't know if that means all 4 cores were 3-4 or the worst one was or if all four cores were 25% (that seems unlikely) or was that the worst. Right lobe indicated 2/6 positive GS 3+3 10% tissue.
At first I was pretty calm about
the whole thing, but as time has passed I seem to ge getting more stressed. My appt in Greensboro is 6/5. In addition, I have made an appt with a urologist oncologist at Duke for 6/25. At this point everything seems to me moving in slow motion
My local URO indicated that as a result of the infection I could not have any treatment for at least 8 weeks.
Part of me feels that I was slow in getting diagnosed and as a result I seem to want to rush to treatment. I guess trying to make up for lost time.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I assume I have some time to make a good rational decision related to treatment.
Post Edited (Vawolf79) : 5/26/2015 11:06:45 AM (GMT-6)