IO, i am not the most knowledgeable guy here, when it comes to the technical side of PC. Keep that in mind when reading what i have to say, and i know others will chime in and either confirm or shoot down my thoughts, either of which will be fine, as long as you get good information.
I don't understand why, with g6, and the "less bad" g7, and low volume in all cores, they would tell you that you have to decide something in 3 weeks or go on HT. Maybe I'm missing something? I'm not clear on the Grade 1, 2, etc, i think thats the new grading system, so maybe thats it?
The other thing i would mention, and i dont know if it is of value to you, but i met with an RO at Sloan, one of their suburban
locations. While telling me that i was high chance of cure with either surgery or radiation, he indicated that if i chose radiation, he would recommend Brachy. At the time i was G6 on biopsy. When i asked him about
SBRT, he responded by telling me, that in their opinion, there is not enough history to warrant them recommending it as a primary treatment. This was a bit over a year ago, i think it was before the 7 year numbers were published, i think they now have 9 year numbers on it.
I was sort of surprised. But at the same time, i accepted it, because i was 64, and planned to live to 100. (that was before i was diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease)
So, i dunno, I hope this helps in some way. Deciding on primary treatment is such a *****, once you and your husband make the final decision, it will be a big load off your shoulders.
Dx Age 64 Nov 2014, 4.3
BX 3 of 12 cores positive original pathologyG6, G6, G8 (3+5)
downgraded to 3+3=6 by Dr Epstein, JH
RALP with Dr Ash Tewari Jan 6, 2015
Post surgical pathology – G7 (3+4), ECE, Margins, LN, SV all negative
PSA @ 6 weeks 2/15, .<02, 4/15 <.02 7/15 <.02, 10/15 0.00 (new lab)
My Story: tinyurl.com/oo9x4aq