This is a very important question, and I think that all men need to understand the answer.
I'm not doctor, but I am absolutely certain that I can tell you what is happening here... because something very similar happened to me too.
Let's look at the facts:
1) Using the exact same amount of trimix, sometimes no erection and other times it lasts for hours. Clearly, the trimix itself isn't the problem since that variable is held constant.
2) I assume that your husband is injecting correctly each time, so the delivery of the timix is also a variable that is held constant.
So, it must be something else that is changing.
I'll tell you exactly what is changing: his adrenaline. Anxiety causes adrenaline. Adrenaline is the most powerful anti-
erection chemical in the world. So, the more your husband feels stress about
his inability to get erections, the more adrenaline his body will produce, which undermines his ability to have (or keep) an erection.
The exact same thing happened to me. Dr. John Mulhall (world famous ED doctor at Sloan Kettering; see link in my signature below) explained the whole adrenaline thing to me. He told me to relax and not worry about
the trimix outcome so much. He suggested getting a rubber ring ("¢0¢k ring") to help maintain the erection, and after a bit of time my confidence would improve and stress would decrease and then the trimix would work fine every time. He was 100% correct.
Best of luck.
Diagnosed and treated in 2013 at 41 years old.
DX Jan 2013 (PSA 9; BX G3+4, 5 of 12 cores). RALP Apr 2013 w/ Dr. Ash Tewari.
Nerves spared, T2c, N0, G4+3, tumor 10%, organ confined, -margins, -EPE, -SVI, +PNI.
Full continence. PSA undetectable. Minimal ED. (Previously used bimix and Viagra.)
/ Surgery Recap
/ Pathology Report
/ PSA History
I recommend these links:
- NCCN Prostate Cancer online book
(PDF download version
- Questions to ask a Robotic PCa surgeon
and/or a Brachytherapy radiation seeds specialist
- Dr. John Mulhall's excellent book
and YouTube videos (I
) on ED due to PCa treatment
- What you should know about Peyronie's Disease