Welcome to HealingWell. Sorry you find yourself here but glad you found us. Hope we can help.
Nine out of ten times the advice we give here on the forum is to slow down, take your time, do your homework and then decide what to do. Good advice, that. But...
It seems to me that your urologist is dragging his feet a bit. PSA has a half-life and five weeks is too early... but... 0.2 is pretty high and 0.4 is higher. I can see another PSA test next month to verify the 0.4 but, if I were you I'd look to pull the trigger pretty quickly if the 0.4 level holds up.
A Gleason score of 4+3 -- with the pathologist muttering about
focal bits that look like grade 5 -- puts you in a pretty high risk category. Unfortunately that sort of cancer seems to respond best to prompt, aggressive treatment.
As for being nervous about
the ADT I very very much understand. One of my first postings here was about
being scared at the prospect.Hormone Therapy, the Pod Person and the Plan
But the advantage of ADT as a part of an attempt to salvage a cure is that it is temporary. If the salvage is successful then there will come a time when the shots will stop with you still on the green side of the sod. That's worth something.
Update: I see that the Tall One and I were typing at the same time again. That always makes me nervous since he is sooo much better at this than I am. But I am pleased to see that he and I are mostly in agreement on this one. Whew! (wipes brow.)
63 Slow PSA rise 2007-2012: 1.4=>8
4 bxs 2010-2012: 1&2 neg, 3 pos 1/14 6(3+3) 3-4% (2nd
opn. 7(3+4)), 4 neg
DaVinci 6/14/12. "some" nerve sparing on left
Path: pT3a pN0 R1 GS9(4+5)
Pos margins on rt
24 mo ADT3 7/12 - 7/14
Adj IMRT 66.6 Gy 10/17/12-12/13/12
8/2012-3/2015: Incont., Trimix, VED, PSA<0.015.
AUS & IPP installed 3/5/2015Forum Moderator - Not a medical professional
Post Edited (PeterDisAbelard.) : 5/30/2016 1:07:23 PM (GMT-6)