I'm a 35yo man doing active workup at Mayo Clinic for the symptoms below. The following labs were found and the current thinking from the PA in Uro is that it's prostatitis. Due to my age she feels that PCa is extremely unlikely and is advising against further diagnostics. She's not opposed to it, however, so I'm looking for advice. I've read about
more specific tests (PCA3 and PHI, not sure if they're the same?), cystoscopy, T3 MRI, and biopsy.
- Fever ~100 - 6mos
- Pain on ejaculation - 3 mos
- Pain in supra-pelvis, middle/right - 2 mos
- Incomplete voiding, requires tightening/push - 4 mos
- Microhematuria - 3x on UA/scope over the last 2 months
- PSA - 1.1 (ref range 0-2 ng/mL)
- Prostate secretions negative incl ureaplasma and myco bacteria
- Amorphous crystals detected
- CT w/ contrast was unremarkable
So the question: what should I ask for next, if anything? If action is advised, in what order? If no action is advised, should I ask for retest of PSA in the future? Thanks!!