Meeting with Onco today, and as suspected, in spite of a rise in PSA, I will go another round with Zytiga and retest in 6 weeks. Onco is hopefull that Zytiga is holding, though not significantly reducing, my PSA. Has a lot of faith in Zytiga and doesn’t want to give up on it yet.
As has been discussed previously there is a possibility that Zytiga will be more effective if taken WITH food, rather than on an empty stomach, so we are going to give that a go. This paper https://www.future-science.com/doi/full/10.4155/ipk-2016-0026
) explains some trials that were conducted.
One other option may be to replace prednisone with dexymethasone which has also shown sometimes to improve the effectiveness of Zytiga.
Am willing to try anything to delay the move onto Chemo.
PS, a paper on the switch from pred to dexy https://academic.oup.com/annonc/article/27/suppl_6/748p/2799486