TA, thank you for writing and posting this! The RO recommended that we go with ADT when/if he gets SRT. Since my husband is a 3+4 T2C with a margin does that make it aggressive pathology or is it not aggressive because his margin is 2mm and a Gleason 3?
I didn't know that when you get to the SRT point sometimes there are still more decisions to be made (add ADT or not). When the RO mentioned ADT my husband asked "what if I don't want ADT" the RO said then we don't have to do it. I'm hoping for something to make things a little clearer when it comes to the point of decision on that. I'd like to throw the kitchen sink at it so we have the best chance at a cure. I think one piece of the puzzle will be seeing how his PSA progresses and another important factor will be the results of his decipher test.
I called GenomeDx to ask that they do not return his slides if our insurance denies the test. They were more than helpful and will work with me on the out of pocket cost. That was a relief! At least I don't have to worry about
not getting that piece of information. Waiting to see what his score will be is giving me nervous feelings similar to when we had to wait for his final pathology.
Wife posting for spouse - 49, age at dx 48
06/2016: PSA 6.48
07/2016: PSA 7.22 FPSA 10% 12 Core Biopsy Negative
10/2016: PSA 6.30 FPSA 13%
12/2016: MRI W/COIL PI-RADS 5 with Probable EPE, Bones/LN Clear
12/2016: Biopsy Two cores 3+4 and Seven cores 3+3
02/2017: RP at University of Chicago Pathology 3+4 Grade 4 component is 5%
Prostate: 32.7 gm Tumor Volume Estimate: 35%
No EPE or lymphovascular invasion 13 lymph nodes, Seminal vesicles, vasa deferentia, no tumor present
High grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia, Perineural Invasion: Present
Tumor involves proximal basilar margin of 2.0 mm Gleason at margin is 3 pT2c,N0,MX,R1
04/2017: 6 Week PSA <0.01
05/2017: 3 Month uPSA <0.006
8/2017: 6 Month uPSA <0.006
11/2017: 9 Month uPSA 0.014 12/2017 Re-test 0.012
Post Edited (Jack & Diane) : 1/3/2018 8:40:14 PM (GMT-7)