Don't know about
1" auto-injectors and have not read about
that. Since the test esters need to go IM (intramuscular) and leach out over many days, they usually are injected into the big muscles like thigh or glute. Maybe the 1" isn't the best for that?
I am completing my second year of TRT injections--was on gel before that. I am doing strength training and believe it (plus diet) is helping my T enough that I may be able to go off the TRT injections in future. I do remember running across some bodybuilder sites that talked of non standard ways they juiced up, but that's not what we're really about
Below, I describe my current procedure, and it might work for you, too. There are many short videos on TRT injections on the web.
As my urologist switched me from gels to injections, he prescribed quantities of:
BD Safety-Lok 3ml Syringe with Luer-Lok tip
Each syringe comes in sterile package with a PrecisionGlide 22G x 1 1/2 needle (with its own plastic shield) already screwed on.
Also, quantities of BD 18G x 1 PrecisionGlide needles (also with own plastic shields).
His nurse trained me to do the steps below, which I do every other Fri. -- I am leaving out the "sterile procedure" steps that also go with injections. Note that I am on .75mL (150mg) dose that I draw out of a 10mL vial of 200mg/mL test cyp. So I get about
6 months out of the prescribed vial and accompanying bags of syringes/needles:
(1) Remove a 3mL syringe from its sterile baggie, unscrew the 22G PrecisionGlide needle and set aside.
(2) Remove an 18G PrecisionGlide needle from its sterile baggie, screw onto syringe and remove needle shield.
(3) Draw .75 mL air into syringe, invert test cyp vial, insert needle thru cork, inject .75 mL air into vial (keeps it pressurized over time).
(4) Draw .75mL test cyp into syringe. It's a big needle, so even the viscous test cyp flows fairly fast. Remove the needle from cork.
(5) Leaving the test cyp fluid in the syringe, unscrew the 18G needle, put shield back on and put into sharps container.
(6) Screw the original 22G needle back onto the syringe, remove its shield.
(7) Holding syringe with needle up, press syringe plunger just enough so one or two drops of solution pop out at top of needle. This insures no air in injection stream (bad for you). Also, the oil in the test cyp solution in those drops provides good lube when you inject into muscle.
(8) Your doc/nurse will discuss body parts best for IM injects. I chose thigh. I alternate between L/R each time. I relax that thigh, jab it in and aspirate. Aspiration is pulling back slightly on syringe after insertion but before injecting anything. If you see any red (blood) in syringe, then you have hit a vein/artery and need to start all over again at (1), but this rarely happens.
(9) Otherwise, start depressing the plunger. The 22G needle is a thin one, so flows a little slower, but it's not so large that the needle hurts (much), leaves scars. or bleeds (much) -- just a small band-aid to cover afterwards for a few drops of blood.
(10) Pull syringe/needle from body, recap needle, unscrew from syringe, put both in sharps container.
Above steps seem like a lot of fuss, but it all goes fast. Top to bottom about
10 minutes, if that.
And cheap. Oh, so dirt cheap compared to gels.
You could talk to your doc and see if this method might work for you.
He will also discuss with you the half-lives of the testosterone fluids and possible problems. For instance, by the 12th day of my 14-day injection cycle, I am starting to feel low(er). Some docs have you inject weekly at half-dose. Maybe that's what the auto-injectors are all about
. Don't know, but I've read quite a bit about
TRT on web and auto-injectors don't ring a bell with me. Did look just now and found this, though:www.mdmag.com/medical-news/fda-rejects-xyosted-for-hypogonadism
Any way I can help, just ask.